WHO IS COLLECTING MY DATA?
This Privacy Statement explains how Cabhru Psychotherapy will process your personal and health information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) which comes into effect in May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
WHAT TYPE OF DATA IS COLLECTED?
Cabhru Psychotherapy complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries.
We collect two types of data: personal data and sensitive personal data for clients under the age of 18 as is required by law.
- Personal data can be used to identify or contact you, and may include: your name, telephone number, and email address. This will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Sensitive personal data is relating to your health, and is collected for the purposes of clinical assessment, treatment, therapist notes and advice, and might be necessary to be obtained in order to provide the most accurate service for you.
WHAT IS MY DATA BEING USED FOR?
- When you contact Cabhru Psychotherapy to avail of our services, we will ask you to provide, either by phone or electronic means, your name, telephone number and email address. This information provided will be used by Cabhru Psychotherapy to:
- respond to your enquiries
- book your appointment(s)
- send updates regarding your appointments
- contact you in the case of a data breach
Cabhru Psychotherapy will never share your personal information with any other third party without your consent unless required to do so by law.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY DATA?
All of your data is stored securely, offsite and in electronic format. All electronic communications are hosted within platforms which are SSL-secure, password protected and encrypted. Cabhru Psychotherapy has adequate measures in place to ensure that your information is held securely, within the EU. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make available publicly on our sites – e.g. posting comments on any of our blog posts – will be available to others.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY DATA?
Access is restricted to essential personnel of Cabhru Psychotherapy.
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
HOW LONG IS MY DATA HELD FOR?
Your data will be held by Cabhrú Psychotherapy as long as is legally required. We retain records for a minimum of eight years from the date of last treatment. In the case of children’s records, the period of eight years begins from the time they reach the age of 18.
After that time period your data will be securely deleted, as per our data destruction policy.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request personal or sensitive personal data about yourself
- Correct any information if it is incomplete or misleading
- Review our Data Protection Policy
- Ask any questions about your data
Any request should be put in writing and will be responded to, by us within 30 days. Please contact us either by email at email@example.com or by post at 10 Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity to process your request.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your ease of use of this website.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 083 8373537
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement, however the “last updated” date will always be listed at the top of this page. Any changes will be effective immediately.